The Sum Of All Acquaintences


Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
~George Washington

Sunday, a good man stopped me in the hall at church for a second, and asked how the family and the wife were doing. I gave a short answer and we started in our separate directions when he called out, 'Nate - your a good man'.

I hope so. I have to be. I've got a wife and four children counting on it, a boss and coworkers betting on it, and a mom who will set me straight if I'm not.

I heard a long time ago, that none of us are our own person. We are the sum of all the people we come in contact with.

I am grateful for good friends. The ones that have taken the time to get to know me well enough to give me direction, feedback, and encouragement. They are also the ones that slap me upside the head when needed, stop me in times of stupidity, and yet love me when the stupidity happens any ways.

So if (and that is a big if) I am a good man, it is because of all the good people that are in my life who have rubbed off on me as I continue this joyous journey of life. Mostly, I am grateful for my good wife who does most of the heavy lifting along the way.

Thanks, friend.

Cheers,

Nathan



PS. If you need a friend who can slap you upside the head, let me know, I will be there for you. ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts