Merry Christmas

A child was born. And life as we know it has changed forever.

That was a thought I had over ten years ago, just after Dallin was born. Life has forever changed in our household. With each new child brought additional change. There was greater joy, greater love, greater understanding. And, granted, there have been sibling rivalries created along the way (wink). :)

There has much been said about the Christ child, in whom we celebrate this wonderful season. With his birth, the world changed forever. Miraculous as his birth was, we don't celebrate Him because of his birth. We celebrate because of what he did. His eternal gift to each of us. We call it the Atonement. Few, including myself, fully comprehend what this Atonement means. Though, I think we can all feel it's all encompassing ability.

I have felt the atonement as I have made changes in my life to try to become a better person. Only through this power can I make up for things in which I lack. I have felt this Atonement as I have made eternal commitments to my wife and family. Only through this power are we able to have eternal companions. I have felt the atonement as we continue to go through life's troubled experiences. Only with this power will bring true peace and joy.

So I say to you all, Merry Christmas. May the Atonement of Christ be in your hearts and in your life. If you need peace, He is where you will find it.

A child was born. And life as we know it has changed forever.

Comments

Popular Posts