Take two... or more... of these and call me in....

A favorite quote of mine since I was, I don't know, maybe eight is from Benjamin Franklin. I also don't know why it is a favorite, it just has been - probably because it was the first quote that I really memorized because of its catchiness.

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away
~Benjamin Franklin



I came down with something on Emma's birthday, a week before Christmas. I have been fighting it with little luck almost three weeks later. It flares up, and dies down. The last couple of days it seemed to flare up so Tiffany sent me to the doctor, against my will. I think I take after my ole' man. I don't think he ever went to the doctor.

Now, I love doctors. I am a big fan of paying co-pays and deductibles and whatever else to people who have spent 10 years in school and are themselves up to their eyeballs in debt. But, I came home with four prescriptions for various purposes. Granted one of them was for a refill for some allergies that I needed to get refilled for some time. But none the less, he didn't tell me to rest, drink fluids, or anything else. Just told me to take some pills and call him next Monday if I don't feel any better.

Is it possible that I would feel better by Monday any ways? Maybe a little more rest, keep the intake full of fluids, and some healthy food might do the trick. Of course, that's what I have been trying to do for the better part of three weeks with little success (well, except for all the junk I have been eating from the goodies so many people, including Santa, have brought over - I couldn't help myself.... Actually, I just helped myself too much!)

So I guess I try the docs way and see how it goes.

Besides, I haven't been eating my apples like Benjamin Franklin says I should. So for that, I was cursed with a doctors visit.

Hence the lesson; Forgetting the fresh fruit forces you to pop a peck of pills.

Cheers,

Nathan

Comments

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon and btw - I love your new banner picture. So 'family'. Hugs to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still don't!!!!!!
    But hope you get over it soon - you'll feel better that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts