A day of Skiing - Riding

Just a quick light note today.

Dallin wanted to go snowboarding as part of his Christmas gift. So today we took him and his cousin up and introduced them to the thrill of the hill. They both picked it up by the end of the day. Of course, I have introduced them to next-day-stiffness-and-soreness no doubt as well. We will see what happens when he gets up tomorrow.

With that done and grateful everybody is home safe, albeit tired, let me say - I am a skier. And no doubt I have friends who snowboard. But there is a long held belief that snowboarders hate skiers and skiers hate snowboarders. That never held water to me. That is, until you have to wait for a snowboarder to bind in at the top of the hill and bind out at the bottom. Snowboarders take too long, once I get to the top, I want to go! And when I get to the bottom, I want to go! None of this sitting around business. So, hate is too strong of a word, but I don't know if I could ever hit the slopes with you if you do the board thing.

But when we are off the slopes, no worries, we can be friends again.

Cheers,

Nathan

(PS - maybe I just don't like snowboarding because I can't do it. I tried a few years ago (like 15) and didn't have the patience to stay with it since I knew how to ski and enjoyed it. Why go through the pain of learning how to ride one board strapped to your feet when you already enjoy going down the hill with two?

Besides, if two is better than one, skiing is better. Just so you know.)

Comments

  1. I'm with you, especially about boarders littering the exit point of the lift as they bind up, and I like to just "go" too. Anyway, we wish you were here to ski with. You always challenge me, and I miss that. We are planning a ski trip on the 5th of Feb. with Jordia, (she's never been before and will take lessons while we ski) and hopefully mid-week this week. I still think a family ski vacation would be the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts