Our Home is Up For Sale

May your home always be too small to hold all of your friends.
~Author Unknown

It has been a long time since last post, I admit, but Tiffany and I decided to focus on getting our home ready. And finally, yesterday, we got it up for sale.

I know, I know. One of my goals was to add on to the house - it was too small for all our friends (as well as all the kids). We liked the neighborhood, we like schools, but we were enticed by the relative good deals that are out there. We won't get as much for our home, but we should be able to purchase something that meets our needs at a better price than if we were to add on. That is the simple fact we are going on.

We know that with the market slump that we are in, and the market being flooded with foreclosures and short sales, we may not be able to sell. But, we feel like at least we should try. If it doesn't sell, we aren't out much, we will add on, and we are happy with that course as well.

Essentially we are putting our course in the hands of the Lord. Our intent is still to stay close, but we will see what that really means once we sell our home (assuming it eventually sells). If there is a home in the area that is perfect for us, great. If not, we may have some hard decisions to make.

In any case, I am back.

I had many people tell me they missed my posts. I can't imagine why, but in many ways, I have missed posting. It's been like an open journal, allowing me to consider life, and the great lessons learned therein.

So, here we go again.

Cheers,

Nathan

Comments

Popular Posts