Joy of Today's Journey

Each day brings new challenges. Challenges can bring excitement, and sometimes they breed stress. Sometimes those challenges are in the form of doing the same thing day in, day out. Cleaning the kitchen in and of itself is not a challenge, but doing it every day, often multiple times a day, can be a challenge. Especially when there are more important things to tackle, like playing with or teaching the children. At least that is sometimes how we see it. It is often those daily mundane tasks that bring the stress, while the new challenges bring the excitement. The challenge of making my yard look a little better (not that I am good at it) is a far more exciting challenge than paying bills. Yet, getting the bills paid is usually far more important than sprucing my yard up with, well, whatever. And besides, doing the money tells me how much I can spend on my yard, but I digress. To accomplish what we must, to do what we wish, is the very essence of diligent work.

So today's challenge is not to view the mundane tasks as mundane. But rather, view them with joy, because once you are done, you can move on to greater, and more exciting, challenges.

So take heed, move forward, and do what you should, for greater joys are just around the corner.

Cheers,

Nathan

Comments

Popular Posts