The Joy of Friends Along the Journey

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
~ Leo Buscaglia

The medications Tiff has been taking for her pain has also caused her to be very sleepy.  But, when she is active, she not only has pain relief, but also can enjoy life a little bit.  So a big thanks goes out to friends who have taken care of her, getting her out of the house and helping her to enjoy life a little.

Including the ladies below.

Sorry - red eye removal didn't work (And too lazy to get the real software out and fix it)


One of her friends grandmother just lives a few houses down from us (sweetest lady you'd ever meet) and this grandmother had a wheelchair.  This friend took Tiffany, the wheelchair and a couple of others out for a walk along the path in front of our home earlier this week.  They allowed her to walk as far as energy would allow, and then they all had fun pushing her in the wheelchair to the park and back - a 3 mile journey, laughing and enjoying the summer evening.

Tiffany came home with a smile on her face she hasn't had for a while and feeling like there was renewed life in her.

Whether a walk on the path, a trip to the zoo, or an impromptu BBQ with friends, she is finding that there are ways to happily cope if friends are involved!

A big thanks to those who have given of themselves and put a smile on her face - in turn - putting a smile on the rest of the family.

Cheers,

Nathan

Comments

  1. Hi, Nathan and Tiffany... I stumbled somehow onto your blog tonight, a link from a link from a link - you know how that goes... :) As I was reading your story, I was taken back by some of the similarities of your life to ours. I'm from Salt Lake, but now live just outside NYC with my husband and 4 kids. He's a fighter too - has been battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma like a champ since Feb 2012. He is home now, recovering from a transplant, (autologus - from his own cells) and is doing wonderfully. We hit some serious bumps along the way (as I'm sure you can imagine), but he keeps bouncing back and the entire transplant process has been both amazing and miraculous. It has built our faith and fortified our relationship with God, as I can see it has done for you. I worry about our kids, but the Lord has protected and uplifted them in indescribable ways. I'm so happy Tiffany has been matched, that is such wonderful news - I did a little cheer sitting here when I read that post!! Anyway, I didn't want to click away and not extend my love to you and your family. I love your upbeat attitudes, your faith and how you search for joy in each experience you have. I have an overwhelming feeling that you've been a beautiful inspiration to countless friends and family - and to anyone you meet. I'll bookmark your blog and check in on you... please know of my love and prayers for a swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts