May We Give Thanks to Such Wonderful People

“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”
  ~A.A. Milne in Winnie-the-Pooh

I have hummed and hawed on if I should post this.  I know of quite a few people who follow Tiffany's Journey through this blog.  It makes it easy for me to update all who want to know the latest details of how Tiffany is fairing and to share the joy of life.

The outpouring of support is awe-inspiring and humbling.  Tiffany has more than a few times, been caught off guard with the number of people who care and offer their lives, and livelihoods, to support she and me through this turbulent period.

I have chosen, very carefully, to not add names to those who help us.  Oh, there have been many times I have typed out a name, and then upon further thought, deleted it.  My fear in doing so has always been that I will leave somebody off the list, inadvertently, because of the shear number of things people have done for us.  And also because some individuals truly don't want their life-saving efforts in front of an audience.  If you think I am wrong, I am sorry.  A public place is not the place for heartfelt personal thanks.

But I would be remiss if I didn't give a public shout out and thanks to the legions of individuals who have already done amazing things.  Helping with carpools, meals, pick-me-ups, offers to do laundry, cleaning, and tutoring the kids.  Offers of advice, of shoulders to cry on, and of heartfelt prayers.  To the many who have offered, and have already taken Tiffany up to Huntsman for infusions and checkups and others who have offered family home evening lessons, babysitting the younger ones, priesthood blessings, and being willing to take Sunday School lessons off her plate.  The list goes on, and without meaning to, I have already left out many of the things people have done for us.  Please forgive my finite ability to share my infinite gratitude.

It is humbling and amazing to know that this world is not what you see on the 10 o-clock news.  It is stock full of generous, selfless, serving people who would give the coat off their back if it came down to it.

Our hearts are no match to the gratitude we feel.  Thank you.

Nathan

PS - If I ever decide to share a specific example on this here blog, please disregard the above.  Maybe sometimes some of the amazing stories need to be shared, just so people can know of the amazing things we see along this journey.  But, no one story is better than another.

Comments

Popular Posts